Qualifying requirements and procedures for Set top Boxes (DVB-S/T/C) - ver. 1.5
In order to be listed on the Danish Energy Saving Trust’s (hereinafter called the Trust) product overview of set top boxes and thereby be entitled to use the Energy Saving Label (Go’ Energimærket), the product must conform the following requirements, namely:
Set top boxes (with card reader)
Set top boxes with card readers are defined as a separate box, which:
- has the primary function to convert encoded HD signals to analog TV-signals
- uses the Nordic MPEG4 standard (NorDig)
- has an access control such as a card reader or similar
- without active standby
Maximum permitted energy consumption in standby and active mode
|Set top boxes with card reader||0,5||10,0|
|Allowance for display function in standby||+ 0,5|
|Allowance for extra tuner3||+ 1,0|
|Allowance for extra hard drive - 3½"4||+ 5,0|
|Allowance for extra hard drive - 2½"5||+ 3,0|
- Set top boxes must be equipped with an automatic power down function that switches the product from active mode into standby after less than 3 hours following the last user interaction, with an alert message 2 minutes before going into standby mode.
1Requirements to standby are based on appendix II article 2 in the Commission's directive (EU) no. 1275/2008 on requirements to energy consumption in standby and off mode for household appliances and office equipment.
2The requirement for active condition corresponds to the requirements for set top boxes with HD decoding in the Commission's directive (EU) no. 107/2009 for simple set top boxes including an allowance on 2 watt for the card reader.
3Allowance is based on appendix I article 2 in the Commission's directive (EU) no. 107/2009 for simple set top boxes.
4Allowance is based on typical consumption of hard drive of this size.
5Per footnote 4 above.
Further requirements for set top boxes with card reader
- The product must comply with all other statutory requirements in Denmark
- A user manual in Danish or the Scandinavian languages must be supplied with the product
- The product must be available on the Danish market at the time that the product is included on the Trust’s product overview of simple set top boxes at savingtrust.dk
- There must be an agent for Denmark located in the EU, who is responsible for contact with the Trust
- The producer/importer (hereinafter called the market participant) must make it possible for Danish consumers to have their enquiries dealt with by a Danish speaking contact person
- Sales figures for the product must be sent to the Danish Energy Label Secretariat (Sekretariat for Go’ Energimærket) every year
Before the product is listed on the Trust’s product overview, the market participant must forward a signed declaration and a completed data form (available from the Danish Energy Label Secretariat) where the market participant has signed for the following information:
- Name of the producer, country of origin, and the model number as shown on the rating plate
- Energy consumption for active mode and standby
- Information on display function in standby
- Information on HD signal decoding
- Information on number of tuners
- Information on automatic power down function
- Information on hard drive size (diameter in inches)
- Date for when the product is available in Denmark
Energy Saving Label
Once a product is included on the Trust’s product overview, retailers and the market participant have the right to use the Energy Saving Label in connection with the marketing of the product on the understanding that they have entered into a User and Product Agreement with the Trust. The individual agreements can be requested from the Danish Energy Label Secretariat.
Conditions for inclusion on the product overview
The market participant must inform the Trust about any product alterations, and if it is no longer sold, or is being phased out of the Danish market. A product may only be listed on the Trust’s product overview as long as it remains unaltered. If the product is altered or fails a random test, it will be removed from the product overview and thereafter may not use the Energy Saving Label. If the market participant wishes to have the altered product re-listed on the product overview, the market participant must complete the application procedure again. Only the Trust can decide whether the product should be recommended again.
The Trust reserves the right to amend the qualifying requirements for inclusion on the product overview. In the event of changes to the qualifying requirements and procedures a minimum of 4 months notice will be given. Thereafter, a product will be deleted from the product overview, subject to the fact that no new documentation is delivered demonstrating that the products conform to the new requirements.
The Trust may at any time, and without stating a reason, request the market participant to forward additional documentation showing that the product meets the qualifying requirements. The product will be listed on the product overview once all the additional documentation has been processed and approved by the Trust. The market participant agrees to allow the Trust to pass on information to the test laboratory used by the Trust.
The Trust reserves the right to undertake random testing of products listed on the overviews of recommended set top boxes. The Trust selects 3 specimens of the product(s) earmarked for testing from the warehouses or showrooms of producers, distributors or retailers. The market participant will make products to be tested available free of charge to the Trust, irrespective of the location from which they are delivered. If tests show that a product does not comply with the requirements for inclusion on the product overview, the market participant may be required to pay the costs incurred by the Trust in performing the test. These costs may not exceed DKK 25,000 excluding Danish VAT per year. The Trust has the right to distribute the test results to the relevant authorities and retailers of the products tested, as well as publish the test results via the relevant media.
Submission of material
The material required, and any questions should be addressed to:
The Danish Energy Label Secretariat
For and on behalf of Go’ Energi
v/ Go’ Energi
DK-5230 Odense M
Tel.: 33 95 58 37
Fax: 33 95 58 23