View Electricity Consumption – a tool for saving electricity
View Electricity Consumption is an effective tool that allows public sector institutions and private sector companies to track and analyse their electricity consumption.
Track consumption with View Electricity Consumption
View Electricity Consumption is a tool for use by those responsible for energy in workplaces that subscribe to the service.
View Electricity Consumption only shows data from remotely-read meters so the data supplied may not always be the same as the consumption used across the whole workplace. For this reason the consumption by authorities such as Danish government ministries shown on View Electricity Consumption may only cover a small part of the total consumption.
If you are interested in viewing the energy consumption trend at Danish government level you can click here to see all the annual statements for individual ministries (Only in Danish).
> Click here to start View Electricity Consumption
Massive amount of data
The database basically consists of a huge number of electricity meter readings from all the subscribers. Electricity consumption is measured every quarter of an hour all year round, which equates to 35,040 readings a year per meter. The readings come from the electricity supply companies or direct from specially installed meters.
Program features include:
- Electricity consumption hour by hour, up to and including the previous day’s readings
- Electricity consumption during the day, night and evening
- Analysis of the electricity consumption trend over the previous 3 months, with consumption allocated by use and time, with figures showing base consumption
- Key figures, and comparisons with other organisations
- View Electricity Consumption is also a statistical tool which shows key figures for the different types of organisations.
Help features in View Electricity Consumption
- A brief explanatory text at the top of the page
- Brief help texts which are displayed when hovering the cursor over the icon and column text
- Help texts in greater detail are displayed when you click “?” on the list.
Free for major consumers of electricity
View Electricity Consumption is completely free for major consumers of electricity. All government institutions are legally bound to take part. All data is public.
The electricity consumption readings come direct from the subscribers’ electricity meters, once they have registered. The electricity supply companies measure the consumption 4 times an hour for meters with annual consumption of over 100,000 kWh or more. Every night, all the meter readings are transferred to View Electricity Consumption and are visible thereafter.
Smaller consumers of electricity can also be included, but this involves installing a special meter. Large consumers of electricity can also use this type of electricity meter to measure the consumption in specific areas such as ventilation, lighting, IT equipment, etc.
- The electricity readings for some authorities can cover several ministries with related institutions. To see which ministries/institutions, etc. are covered by the readings, click on the source data in the left-hand column of View Electricity Consumption.
- View Electricity Consumption is an online program that runs in a separate window. If you have problems accessing the program you will probably need to deactivate any popup blockers that may be running on your computer system.
- The current list of subscribers on View Electricity Consumption still includes the names of the regional and local authorities in Denmark as of 31 December 2006, i.e. before the reorganisation of local government. The Trust is in the process of updating this information.
The program has been developed to make it much easier to track electricity consumption on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, and also to enable electricity consumption to be analysed automatically. Consumption figures are transferred from the organisations’ electricity meters. This allows average readings for all subscribers to be viewed and compared.