Facts about energy saving circulator pumps
The Danish Technological Institute estimates that up to 800,000 households could benefit from substituting an energy saving pump for their old circulator pump, which currently guzzles 10% of a family’s energy consumption per year.
Facts about A-rated energy saving circulator pumps
- A-rated circulator pumps can use as little as 5 watts. This compares with B-rated pumps which never consume less than 22 watts.
- A-rated circulator pumps are produced by Grundfos DK, Smedegaard and Wilo Danmark A/S.
- An A-rated circulator pump is a highly efficient circulator pump that automatically adjusts to the heating demands of a single-family house.
- Find A-rated circulator pumps with the Energy Saving Label (only in Danish)
5 good reasons for recommending A-rated circulator pumps
- A-rated pumps can reduce a family electricity bill by EUR 27–107 per year.
- A-rated pumps use only a sixth of the power typically guzzled by older circulator pumps.
- A-rated pumps automatically adjust their output to suit a home’s variable heating demands, compared with ordinary pumps which run continually – irrespective of demand.
- A-rated pumps are less noisy.
- A-rated pumps also benefit the environment – lower power consumption reduces a family’s carbon footprint.